Poll: Kenworth T700 -vs- Peterbilt 389
Peterbilt 389
Kenworth T700
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Kenworth T700 -vs- Peterbilt 389
10-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Kenworth T700 -vs- Peterbilt 389
Well,Had the chance to try one of these new Kenworth T700's.Very nice truck,tilt steering wheel.And lots of space in the drivers area.However,there is not that much space in the sleeper.But I also have the choice of a Peterbilt 389 and also have the choice of a International Prostar.But I dont like the Prostars engine,The MaxxForce seems like a highly weak engine.The jake brake fails at life,and you cant fit universal cup holders into the prostar.So the International is out of the picture here.However,im debating the Pete 389 -vs- the Kenny T700?Here's a few photo's of the Kenny T700 after test ride.Which one would you choose?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2011, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 05:01 PM by Outlawracer.)
RE: Kenworth T700 -vs- Peterbilt 389
You are right about the Maxxforce engine. Was it the 13 or 15 liter? I work for a IH dealer and have not seen the actual 15 liter engine so I can't say much about it. I have done the training on both engines. The Pro Star is a really nice truck but the bad thing is you can not get anything but the Maxxforce. If you could still get an ISX it would be a much better truck. The 15 liter Maxxforce is a Cat engine. But then again all truck manufactures are starting to have their own engine but some still have an option. The only good thing I can say about the Maxxforce 11 and 13 liter engines is that they are really quiet and they are really smooth running. We can have one running in the shop and you can not hardly tell it is running. Real quiet inside the cab also. Fuel mileage is not quite as good but you don't have to buy urea either. I have not seen the T700 KW but Kenworth always made a nice truck. The Pete 389 is a nice truck also. The pics you have look really good.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=161]
10-11-2011, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 07:13 PM by Megaboomboxboy678.)
Dono i would go with the 389. Ive had better luck with petes than any other peice of equipment i owned. Plus, The 389 still looks like a long nose conventional instead of a bunch of molded fiberglass and plasticBig Grin

Also peterbilts can use universal parts instead of kw, which hae to use original parts

[Image: driverstats.php?id=444]
$Current Truck: 2011 Peterbilt 389$
10-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Both are PACCAR products, I have driven both and enjoyed the ride in the KW way more than the Pete.
10-12-2011, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2011 12:29 AM by Donovan.)
Have one of the drivers wheel below.This Peterbilt 389 that im looking at is a lil bit bigger than the Kenworth T700 and space is the key! However the MPG on the Peterbilt 389 is going to cost me.The good think about the Peterbilt 389 is it comes witha Cummins! And I rather have a Cummins than a Paccar.Both trucks are pretty quiet.And yah,the Kenworth T700 rides better than the Pete 389.However im not to much of a fan of plastic.On my Volvo the bumper cracked and I was trying to figure out how it cracked? Guess the plastic got to hot? Didn't look like a hit and run but I didn't care to much.So right now im thinking about the Peterbilt 389.

EDIT: Attachments were not showing up Fixed.

10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
dono send them to me on fb. Im shocked that the kw rides good. But like i said, kws need to have all original parts, not like pete which can interchange without a problem

also does the 389 look like the one in game?

10-12-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't always drive tandems but, when I do, I prefure KW. Stay comfortable my friends.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=56]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2011, 01:15 PM
This is such a Hard choice that just got even harder! I just saw a Peterbilt 587 however its going over the funds I had in mind and it looks like a remake of the Peterbilt 387 except with more plastic,different headlights.I saw this one on truckpaper: http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail...D=2725003& Had a Peterbilt 387 along time ago.Havent test drove one yet.But now im deciding on the KW T700,Pete 389 or 587!
10-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Like i said, i like a pete. i havnt drove anything over 2006 and the 06 was a triaxle. But Pete is my way to go. Kws ride rough to me. Also those of you who drove kws and prefered them to pete, what suspension did it have? Ive always ran low air leaf. if you had air leaf, air trac, or flex air i can understand why you liked kw

10-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Well here's it now.The Peterbilt 389 vs the Kenworth T700.Called this one guy for the Kenworth T700 on truckpaper nearst me.The Kenworth T700 he is selling has a Cummins ISX 500HP engine! 13 Speed Eaton Fuller Tranny. Suspension is the AGL 400L which has 4 Air Bags also comes with HB air Ride seats which I love!Has a Smart wheel (Which i hate!) Tilt Steering.Dual Heat powered mirrors and windows(pretty Interesting).Truck also has keyless entry! And HID XENON headlights.Now thats the Kenworth T700.

Peterbilt 389
Also comes with Cummins ISX 485HP And an 13 speed tranny.Has Pete Low Air Leaf.Comes with a NAV system,Air Slide Jaws,Dual tool boxes,and Dual Gas tanks.

Now I see the difference in both trucks.This one guy was like both trucks are the same.No there not! lol. The Peterbilt looks like a work truck and acts like a work truck to! The Kenworth seems more like a luxury truck like my old Volvo.

I mean it would be real easy to put heated mirrors,a dual gas tank,new suspension a larger engine,air ride seats,keyless entry.But how much would it cost? So,im thinking Kenworth maybe.I mean the owners gave me about the same prices for each truck.Except the Kenworth was $2,000 more!

How has your ride been with that air leaf suspension Mega? Never used stock Pete suspension cause I rather not be bouncing up and down all the way to my destination