Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12/07/11 - Beta is coming!
12-07-2011, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 05:41 PM by jefffan24.)
12/07/11 - Beta is coming!
Its been a heck of 9 months and some odd days since the first invite went out! Much has been added, we have Conroy as a developer, bugs have been fixed, and the game has grown and is growing everyday. It truly has been an unbelievable experience that I wouldn't trade for anything that this point. We will do the official reset on December 13th, 2011. A message has been added to pretty much every page in the game so you can't say you missed it Tongue

Now what is beta?

On the day of beta we will take the game down for a maximum of 48 hours while we apply the changes. When the changes are done we will then send an email to everyone to let them know the game is back up and we will officially be in beta!

Beta is where we finally fix all the little bugs, the stuff that isn't breaking the game for everyone, its where we will do big updates really not often (although we are planning one now, its the only one we have in mind currently), but most of the time will be spent making the game smoother, prettier (to an extent), and just all around nicer.

This is also where we will work on a mobile version of the game, this has been something I wanted to do since the beginning and feel it is finally time now that foundation is totally laid out.

What does this mean for me?

With beta also comes tweaks, these tweaks require a reset. Prices will be effected, database fixes that would require all routes to be erased are going to be done and much, much more. Quite a few tweaks will be done during the reset and they have to be done then. We have to do this reset to put these tweaks in and make it fair for everyone.

What does reset mean?

Reset means that all routes, CB message, companies, anything that isn't user accounts will be deleted from the database. We will reset all users back to day 1 (we will keep the driver creation date, and maybe add a reset date or something...we'll figure this out so you don't lose that time). We will also mark all alpha accounts with a special icon so that people will know that you spent time helping us test the game. All of you are important and I know this isn't optimal for everyone but again, it NEEDS to be done.

If you have any questions that you don't want public feel free to PM me or send an email to jefffan24 at truckingsim dot com.

Lets have a great beta!

As always questions/comments/etc... can be posted as comments here Smile

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2011, 05:45 PM
RE: 12/07/11 - Beta is coming!
Been a great ride so far and I can only see it getting better. Thanks for all the work you all have put into this!!Smile

[Image: driverstats.php?id=161]
Find all posts by this user
12-07-2011, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 05:48 PM by da Monz.)
Sounds great, Jefffan. We've been waiting for a long time for this.

I can't wait to start all over and see how fast I can gain XP using all the knowledge alpha has taught me.

You da man, Jefffan. And you got the team you need to back you!!

DM

- - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - -
Proud VP of Eagle Logistics Exclamation
and former CEO of GEARHEADS WORLDWIDE. Smile
- - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - -
12-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Great news. Looking forward to it!

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1071]
12-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the notice guys, the game is brilliant so far and im really looking forward to beta.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=3828]
Jubby996 - Driver, RoadWay Express
12-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeaaa!!!
[Image: 748405.gif]

Good Job to You and Your Whole Team!
12-07-2011, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 06:09 PM by Onetruckpony.)
Going from a blank page to what we have now has been a wild ride.
Thanks for letting us be part of it.
The 13th! That's not a Friday is it? Big Grin
Fasten your seat belts, here we go!
12-07-2011, 06:10 PM
[Image: 207.gif]
12-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Good luck. I hope the game'll be better.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=3609]
12-07-2011, 06:29 PM
EXCELLENT!! Kudos to yourself and crew, Can't wait to get rollin, and thank's again for your devotion and perseverance.

Cool Load it like a BOXCAR--Drive it like a STOCKCAR Cool