Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12/08/11 - New pages
12-08-2011, 09:27 AM
12/08/11 - New pages
The reason beta was taking a little bit is that I was working on re-doing 2 pages that were not safe. Meaning they were vulnerable to an attack and we obviously don't want that.

I re-wrote both of them making them smoother, faster, safer and hopefully all around better!

Page 1 - Bank - This page wasn't even really touched once I finished it back in the early days of the game. It had old code and security loop holes. Now everything is done through Ajax, depositing money and withdrawing no longer require a page refresh, taking a loan and paying are done through Ajax as well but do require the page to refresh Smile

Page 2 - Settings - The settings page had been touched but I just kept piling on the bad code rather than doing the re-write it needed. It is now completely re-done. The whole page can be used without needing to be reloaded.

1. Changing emails and passwords brings up a confirm box making sure its what you want.

2. On the bio and nickname fields when you click out of the boxes if anything changed it will automatically save them.

3. CB links when you click them will save the new channel or when you do a search when you click the Set for the channel you want it will save the new channel automatically.

4. Changing your home town or timezone require you to press a button but they will be done through ajax as well.

5. Radio buttons as soon as you switch them it is saved.

We also added a copy link next to the forum URL so now all you have to do is click that link and it will save the text to your clipboard.

The reset button works the same as before.

We are working on the tweaks for beta and this will be our last update (change's wise) before then Smile

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
RE: 12/08/11 - New pages
Auto Update awesome.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=3828]
Jubby996 - Driver, RoadWay Express
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2011, 01:01 PM
The game has come a long way... Guess that means so have you Big Grin
12-08-2011, 02:31 PM
(12-08-2011 01:01 PM)Onetruckpony Wrote:  The game has come a long way... Guess that means so have you Big Grin
Young when he started but probably a few grey hairs by now.Big GrinTongue