Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02/10/12 - Update #2 - Large Update Announcement
02-10-2012, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 12:06 PM by jefffan24.)
02/10/12 - Update #2 - Large Update Announcement
PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE UPDATE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

First off let me explain something: This is just an update/announcement on what is going to be coming in the next month-2 months, this is not something that is being pushed out currently. This is just to inform you guys what we have been working on. Please understand this, it is a massive update and is going to take time to code.

Ok so now we begin:

Over the last month and half I have been working with Norman and Conroy on coming up with the biggest update to TruckingSim yet. It will change TruckingSim for the better, it will also extend the length of the game by a large amount (game could take up to 2 and half years to beat and get everything, instead of 8 months). However implementing all these changes is going to take some time which is why we are only announcing this today and later (possibly up to 1 month) we will push it out. Almost every file will have to be touched/changed in some way or another, it will take time.

So what is this update?

We are adding a Prestiging System into TS.

What does prestige mean?

Prestiging is when you get to a certain point (at this time it is 100XP, this could change), you will "Prestige". When you prestige you will be reset to 0XP, your truck and items will be taken away (maybe sold), odometer will be reset, and the game will become slightly harder with each prestige level (Shorter route times), and it will cost money to prestige but anything left over you get to keep (username, pass, current city, stocks, company/company position, etc...).

There are rewards to prestiging though: you get more trucks with each prestige level, at one level you will get access to imported trucks, rewards for routes will become more (more XP/Money), finally with each level you will get access to an endorsement that you can buy. When you buy an endorsement it stays with you through prestige levels until you buy a better one.

You said something about prestige levels, what are those?

When you "Prestige" you gain a "Prestige Level", at this time there are 4 (maybe 5 depending on how you look at it) levels.

Everyone will start at level 0, meaning the game is the easiest it is going to be but it also comes with no rewards and only the original trucks.

With each level the difficulty and the rewards go up!

Wait, wait, wait you said its going to cost money to prestige???

Yes, prestiging is going to cost money, so you will need to plan for it as you reach the required XP. Also the price will go up with each level, so for example:
  • Price for level 1 - $10,000
  • Price for level 2 - $20,000
  • Price for level 3 - $30,000
  • Price for level 4 - $40,000

These are just examples and may not be used, but you get the point.

So you said we would get access to more trucks...how many we talking?

We are talking about roughly 50 domestic trucks, and then the imported trucks as well.

----------

Ok so that above explains the update for prestiging, now another update that is coming is we are scrapping the donation system. We will no longer reward in-game money for real money. Instead we are moving to a "subscription" type system. You can subscribe just once (like for 1 week to get those bonuses for only 1 week), or you can have a recurring payment (weekly where we will credit your account weekly and you will keep the benefits as long as the payment is going through). Where you will subscribe to the game for X amount of time. During this time you will get benefits such as:

Purchase trucks from 1 Tier above your current tier (if not on the last tier already), we might make a GPS for subscribers only, +5 automatically added to speed, other stuff we haven't come up with. Basically we don't want to give subscribers HUGE advantages, but its like buying a premium version of a service.

If you have any ideas of something that you would add for this, also what you would be comfortably paying for we would appreciate that information as well!

As always post any questions, comments, concerns, anything below!

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2012, 11:51 AM
RE: 02/10/12 - Update #2 - Large Update Announcement
Whoa!! Levels!! I likey +2 Big Grin

1 question -- Is this a "Get to XP lvl xxx.xx and you CAN move up to the next "P" lvl." or is this "When you get to XP lvl xxx.xx you will be taken back to "0" XP because you can't go higher."?

Either way the game is oh so much interesting now!!!

- - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - -
Proud VP of Eagle Logistics Exclamation
and former CEO of GEARHEADS WORLDWIDE. Smile
- - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - - = - - - - -
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Its a get XP Lvl xxx.xx and you can move to the next P lvl

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

02-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Any time frame as to when individual collections are going to be around.....

Contract Manager - P&C Trucking @ "The Other Game"

VP - Moonlight Express

[Image: driverstats.php?id=85]
02-10-2012, 11:57 AM
(02-10-2012 11:55 AM)jack daniels Wrote:  Any time frame as to when individual collections are going to be around.....

I've said this many times now: Its not as simple as just "adding them". The database wasn't made to handle it, and without changing where rates are stored and how they accessed (which I really, really, really don't want to do), I'm not sure how I"m going to add it.

It's my fault for designing it wrong, but its going to be difficult to change and add and I want to do it without making the game any slower or making any more requests to the server/database than it has to.

02-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Aight thanks

Contract Manager - P&C Trucking @ "The Other Game"

VP - Moonlight Express

[Image: driverstats.php?id=85]
02-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Another question -- how will this effect CEO's? Will they have to give up their position?

Proud VP of Eagle Logistics Exclamation
and former CEO of GEARHEADS WORLDWIDE. Smile
02-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Nope, your position in the company will stay the same and you won't lose the company or anything like that.

02-10-2012, 12:55 PM
How much will the subscription cost? I think between $5 - $10 per month would be fair. What type of endorsements do you have planned?
02-10-2012, 12:58 PM
We don't have a set subscription cost yet trying to get some thoughts here.

Right now we just have the normal endorsements (double, triple, over, lowboy) unless you guys have some objections/other ideas.