Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3/31/12 - Jeff isn't thrilled
03-31-2012, 03:51 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2012 04:12 AM by jefffan24.)
3/31/12 - Jeff isn't thrilled
So it came to my attention what those 2 blank companies were being used for and lets just put it this way: I'm not thrilled one bit.

We had 2 companies without a name and the only way to join/get to them was to know what the company ID was. If you knew this you could leave your company join these ones with blank names, refuel/repair using that companies assistance (so it didn't cost your real company anything) and then go back to your normal company.

I consider this to be a loophole/exploit and something that should be reported to the mods. But also should not be continued to be used after it is reported.

So as of now these are the new rules and the game will enforce them automatically:

1. If you leave your company you can not join it again for 48 hours. No more leaving your company only to cost another company money and coming back immediately, those days are gone.

2. Both blank companies have been deleted and the 5 memebers that were in them currently have been set to not being in a company.

3. Anyone who has used this exploit (for the 2 blank companies) in the last 2 weeks will get a 12 hour suspension for each offense (refueling is one offense, repairing is another).

4. By the end of this weekend we will have official rules for both the forums and game. When they are done you will have to agree to them to continue playing and using the forums. We have grown enough that it is time for this.

If you get suspended and feel you have a valid excuse/reason please message one of the mods on the forums.

Jeff is not happy, not happy at all.

On a better note I am still working on the prestige update when I have time, life is a little busy at the moment but it is coming.

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2012, 04:06 AM
RE: 3/31/12 - Jeff isn't thrilled
What the????

So that's case #3 of proved cheating.
What's wrong with hard work to get to the top?

It's a game, what fun is it to play a game and cheat all the time?
Find all posts by this user
03-31-2012, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2012 04:28 AM by jefffan24.)
I don't know I could potentially go back 90 days (how long we keep ledgers for) and give 12 hours for each of these but I'm hoping this will teach a lesson.

Also the longest suspension will be for 7 days (meaning they used this 14 times in the last 2 weeks).

EDIT: Missed one that did it 19 times which means they will be suspended for 9 1/2 days.

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

03-31-2012, 04:29 AM
cool. that also means people can't easily join a company during a big contract, ditch a leg or so before completing and take all the cash for themselves. love it.
03-31-2012, 04:31 AM
Purple, I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can't leave a company while being in route.
03-31-2012, 04:38 AM
You can leave a company while in route, game doesn't stop that.

03-31-2012, 04:53 AM
I personally had no idea those companies even existed and about this kind of cheating procedure, but I like and support the new rules, I would even suggest tougher rules, like once a driver will join a company he/she cannot leave the company for at least let's say 7 days or so... (like in cyberairlines and other similar games)

This way new drivers/players can think twice before they join a company and we all can reduce "the jumpers" those that are just jumping from one company to another just to create chaos and drama or for other non "orthodox" reasons...

Example:
we have 80% repair assistance, so we can help our drivers keep their trucks in top shape
- once we had a new driver (I won't give names as it's pointless now) he joined for only 10 minutes, with a truck so damaged that when he repaired his truck our company took a blow of over $4,000 and then he quit our company and went back to his initial one I guess...
I can't even think about what kind of damage he had on his truck to be so expensive, I assume he was after a crash or something, as I personally haven't had yet that kind of repairs on my truck...

Of course we've learned our lesson and after this incident we must approve any new application.

I fully agree with Jeff measures and I suggest to make them even harder.
After all we are here to have fun and to enjoy the game, this kind of behavior, is not only "low life" but it's "poisoning the environment" if you know what I mean... hehehehe...

Make it tougher please...

* Founder & CEO of Ameristar Lines * Join Ameristar Lines now *
03-31-2012, 05:55 AM
I agree with the rules Jeff has put in place. I think the founders of both companies should get banned for two weeks and their drivers reset to beginning status!
03-31-2012, 05:56 AM
(03-31-2012 05:55 AM)Sylea Wrote:  I agree with the rules Jeff has put in place. I think the founders of both companies should get banned for two weeks and their drivers reset to beginning status!

Don't know who the founders were, only saw the current CEO's and both were pretty recent users. They got the same punishment as everyone else.

03-31-2012, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2012 07:05 AM by pedaldown.)
(03-31-2012 05:55 AM)Sylea Wrote:  I agree with the rules Jeff has put in place. I think the founders of both companies should get banned for two weeks and their drivers reset to beginning status!
I think EVERYONE caught cheating should be banned and reset to beginning status!