Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Eddie Stobart Trucks & Trailers
09-16-2012, 03:29 PM
RE: Eddie Stobart Trucks & Trailers
(09-16-2012 01:22 PM)ROADHUGGER Wrote:  Its not the HORSEPOWER you need its the correct TORQUE CURVE , old MACK 350 HP's would out pull a lot of 400 & 425 HP engines . We use to pull double ( 2 ) 48' reefer trailers on the NY THRUWAY with 350 HP 10 speed R model Macks.
did you have a special license?

[Image: driverstats.php?id=3538]
I keep the pedal to the medal at all times!!!!! 1 million mile safe driver!! Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Pirelli tyres to Mugello, 3 days, 1200 miles.. SCARY... As if! That's easily done.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1762]
09-19-2012, 03:03 PM
OH now I remember what I was going to say..

Over 5000 people employed over 5 divisions (unsure how many truckers) and only 14 women! WTF?! Surely as a multi-national company, you should be promoting equal opportunities, and more female drivers. 14?!? Ridiculous

09-19-2012, 07:19 PM
"did you have a special license" Yes you required a special permit issued by NY state and the Thruway Authority , 2 day you need the LCV endorsement for double trailers
09-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Female trucks may not want to work for eddie stobbarts, they have a lot more then 14 females working for them,just not driving!!!

Proud supporter of West Ham United Football Club
Proud CEO Matlee Express,

[Image: driverstats.php?id=2994]
09-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Im aware of that but it has been shown that they have females in the co that do

09-22-2012, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2012 02:36 PM by Shakhtardfc1.)
2,200 trucks and 5 females. HA! If/when I get my own company, I want to promote the trucking life to all people. Invite those who haven't tried it before, or who can't (for obvious age reasons) to come and get a real idea of what it's like..

Episode 2 is just a blatant lie from the off. "Truckers only have 10 hours of driving time in a day". UHHH no.. Last time I checked, it was 9. Over 9, liable for points and a fixed penalty notice. You are allowed 10, twice a week. That's it. BUT it has to average 90 over a 2 week period.

09-22-2012, 02:35 PM
If and when you start your own company the only thing your be concerned with is how much money you can make and that your bills and running costs are covered, and that the drivers can do the work!! Saying that it would be good to see a company doing what your saying you would do?

Proud supporter of West Ham United Football Club
Proud CEO Matlee Express,

[Image: driverstats.php?id=2994]
09-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Guess what, money isn't the be all and end all of everything. Yes, it would be nice to turn a profit, but where would our future generation of truckers come from?

This, among many other things, is something I feel companies are lacking nowadays...

Then again, I could just be a bitter old man picking flaws in many things, especially since I was at work for 12 and a half hours today (wasn't best pleased Tongue)

09-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Wow..only 9 a day and 90 over 2 weeks?
We get 11 a day to drive out of 14 we can work...we are limited only to 70 hours over the past 8 days and that's a moving target...
We add up the past seven days and whatever is left on 70 we can work.
If we get 32 hours off we start a fresh 70 from the time we return to duty.