Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10,000 Drivers
02-14-2013, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 09:09 AM by jefffan24.)
10,000 Drivers
Today we hit 10,000 drivers. That is 10,000 different accounts in our system in under 2 years (WTindle17 is our 10,000th driver (his id doesn't match the count, due to the numbers not matching up perfectly)).

Thank you everyone who made this happen, the game continues to grow on its own and I hope you all will stick around for the prestige update.

Now that, that is out of the way how about an update on where we are on the prestige update?

First off the new GPS on the route page:
[Image: QLHlI6N.png?1]

Secondly the new route finished page (not 100% solidified yet):
[Image: hBkNLNb.png?1]

Thirdly the new my driver page (with added info for prestige levels and rates):
[Image: er7YY3N.png?1]

Rates you say...say what???? [edit rates modal]
[Image: EZDkv7T.jpg]

This has been a sneak peak into the prestige update, more will come as it goes. Also with this update on the backend is basically a whole new code that will hopefully make it easier to find bugs and fix ones we currently have. Updated city lat/long's so they are more accurate (every lat/long points to a parking lot or delivery area). Update organization of files and much more.

Again thanks to everyone who has made the game what it is so far and we will keep you up to date as to how the prestige update is coming along!

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 07:39 AM
RE: 10,000 Drivers
Wow pretty cool Jeff!

[Image: driverstats.php?id=312]
Find all posts by this user
02-14-2013, 07:40 AM
F**king A!

What a nice Valentines gift, thnx Jeff Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=294]
02-14-2013, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 08:07 AM by Cowboy Trucking Inc.)
Awesome job Jeff, while i"m here have you giving any thought on advertising.. One of my drivers came up with the idea of advertising on the WorldTrucker.Com website. I don't know how it works whether you have to pay for it or if its free. Just thought I would let you know. And I know this is not the spot for this but we were just wondering....

[Image: driverstats.php?id=100]
02-14-2013, 08:07 AM
(02-14-2013 08:05 AM)Cowboy Trucking Inc Wrote:  Awesome job Jeff, while i"m here have you giving any thought on advertising.. One of my drivers came up with the idea of advertising on the WorldTrucking.Com website. I don't know how it works whether you have to pay for it or if its free. Just thought I would let you know. And I know this is not the spot for this but we were just wondering....

Best way to suggest places for advertising this website is to PM Jeff. I remember him saying he is open to suggestions about advertising.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
-Rick Osborne
02-14-2013, 08:09 AM
Thanks Conroy I will...

[Image: driverstats.php?id=100]
02-14-2013, 08:25 AM
I agree with all the positive comments above Smile

Awesome job mate.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=2]
02-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Awesome job. Thanks Conroy and Jeff looking forward to the updates.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=2450]
02-14-2013, 10:48 AM
I thought all this was going to be a surprise. :o
02-14-2013, 10:52 AM
It was but I felt happy with hitting 10k drivers, and we will still have plenty to show Smile

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]