Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Why I haven't been on and future
06-30-2013, 09:56 AM
RE: Why I haven't been on and future
Well I was thinking since I entered the game, how could a game like this earn some profit thru microtransactions (at least to come to status of self sustained), and the only way to keep it free and not pay-to-win game, and still offer something else than credits in my opinion would be cosmetic stuff, for example: for all who donate/buy it for real money custom avatars of their trucks (trucks with logos/prints over them) / companies should be able to buy lets say some space to upload their custom logo/pictures and also be able to post ads with pictures/logos, all of that shouldn't give any real advantages to players who donate, and still would offer them some cosmetic power ups, just so they feel recognized and to find donations useful for themselves (tho' they really are, cuz they keep this game going, but still, this would be direct benefit tot he player). Maybe a possibility (dont know if it's possible just yet) to open their own cb channel, maybe some extra infos (possibility to subscribe to receive contracts/drivers updates to email) etc etc etc.. Don't know if all of this is possible or not, still, this may help financing this game, as I said, not to become your business and main income, rather to just get to self-sustained level. I'm interested into hearing your thoughts on this..

Bluesman on the road..
[Image: driverstats.php?id=11553]
Current Truck: 1997 Western Star 4990
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Good idea to add that CUSTOM look for each player , but that would involve a nearly full time programmer ( code writer ) to keep the changes up to date and that costs $. Remember as soon as SOMEONE pays real $ for something they want it ASAP.
06-30-2013, 04:35 PM
I am not that much into programming, but I highly doubt it would require full time programmer to make it all happen. It would be same as here on forum, just upload picture of your custom look truck, like avatar on forum. The only difference would be that you would have to pay to unlock that option. I know it would require some rewriting of a code, but I don't think it would have to be manually done. (sorry for bad eng)

Bluesman on the road..
06-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Ok got what you meant , instead of editing the site supplied truck pictures to suit the wants / needs of players if we purchase the option it would allow us to upload our own pictures.

That would be a lot less requirement of a site editor / programmer.
07-01-2013, 08:58 PM
(06-30-2013 05:47 PM)ROADHUGGER Wrote:  Ok got what you meant , instead of editing the site supplied truck pictures to suit the wants / needs of players if we purchase the option it would allow us to upload our own pictures.

That would be a lot less requirement of a site editor / programmer.

Exactly that!

Bluesman on the road..