Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fastest Tier 1 Truck
10-14-2013, 08:02 AM
RE: Fastest Tier 1 Truck
Some detours are worth it as you save the exhaustion levels. A small increase in miles made up for with those extra legs.

Fuel prices change seems like hourly in real life, just not as wide a swing as here. Then again, when was the last time we saw fuel for under $3.00 a gallon out there??

Speed limits are another thing. Some runs I would be in Ohio, or Pennsylvania and getting 75 MPH limits.

I usually top off last thing at night since fueling and repairs won't get you a ticket. Run to 100, fuel and repair to 120..ya have 12 hours to get back to the game.

People that say this game isn't like real life driving have never driven in real life.

I also now drive a short trip in a company truck irl so can't remember the last time I even looked at fuel prices. I stop where they give me a free coffee, have the best looking waitress, and good pie Smile

I have suggested one man companies, and allowing"brokers" where one player could take contracts and sub them out 1 load at a time. I think it would add another realistic layer to the game for the thinking man. For those so inclined it would take hours to manage successfully.

Some things don't translate well into computer code and may not be possible without years of development, but Jeff has never been one to not at least hear suggestions, and has he never been afraid to say no.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2013, 01:02 AM
USA Truck, Inc. announced that Alcoa has named USA Truck its Tier 1 2012 Carrier of the Year for providing outstanding dry van service in North America.
10-15-2013, 07:31 AM
I suppose that makes sense since USA Truck is a rookie company with some of the slowest trucks on the highway.

Truckers Inc. - You will hear the jakes, smell the brakes, and see the diesel smoke blowing from your speakers.
LongRider Radio - The soundtrack for life on the road. Keeping truckin' music alive.
http://www.live365.com/stations/longriderrr - The road. The life. The music.
10-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Just like Werner, Schnider National, JB Hunt, Swift. All big fleets with speed limiters. Personally I dont like the idea of an electronic speed limiter. My speed limiter is my foot.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=444]
Current Truck: 2011 Peterbilt 389
10-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Never thought much of them till I got a job that pays by the hour. Now I keep asking them to take out the top two gears and route me down back roads Smile

I have also come to like traffic jams.
10-16-2013, 06:48 AM
In the EU all trucks are limited to 56 mph.
Limiter needs to be checked by an official workshop every 2 years.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=294]
10-20-2013, 11:52 AM
I have this inkling of a feeling that your trying to tell me something about fuel prices...i just can't put my finger on what it is though...

in all seriousness, I have no plans to change the way fuel prices work right now, but as Norman said we didn't get cargo pricing completely correct and that needs tweaking. I'm open to options other than the say fuel prices work.

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Jeff, I know that my communication skills are often lacking but try to follow me on this random fuel price thing. For a certain group of driver, this an important, even essential, issue. For new drivers, especially those trying to run without a company, the major operating expense is fuel. Far bigger than an other operating expense. In the beginning, uncontrolled fuel costs can eat up as much as $0.70/mi. No matter how smart or experienced a driver is, fuel costs are uncontrollable because they are effectively random. Like a roulette wheel, round and round it goes, where fuel prices stop nobody knows. Is this really a game of luck? Or is it a game where we profit from managing income and expense?

The change is simple. Stone simple. A few lines in the chron job to make fuel prices change with the freight. Or even on their own schedule. As long as fuel prices stay stable for at least 3 days they become a manageable expense.

I stand with the independent truckers of Truckingsim when I tell you...

Fuel Prices Suck!

[Image: 306837_10151379321906548_183780750_n.jpg]

Bubbasmith this one's for you.

Truckers Inc. - You will hear the jakes, smell the brakes, and see the diesel smoke blowing from your speakers.
LongRider Radio - The soundtrack for life on the road. Keeping truckin' music alive.
10-21-2013, 06:52 AM
(10-20-2013 11:29 PM)Bonzai Wrote:  Jeff, I know that my communication skills are often lacking but try to follow me on this random fuel price thing. For a certain group of driver, this an important, even essential, issue. For new drivers, especially those trying to run without a company, the major operating expense is fuel. Far bigger than an other operating expense. In the beginning, uncontrolled fuel costs can eat up as much as $0.70/mi. No matter how smart or experienced a driver is, fuel costs are uncontrollable because they are effectively random. Like a roulette wheel, round and round it goes, where fuel prices stop nobody knows. Is this really a game of luck? Or is it a game where we profit from managing income and expense?

The change is simple. Stone simple. A few lines in the chron job to make fuel prices change with the freight. Or even on their own schedule. As long as fuel prices stay stable for at least 3 days they become a manageable expense.

I stand with the independent truckers of Truckingsim when I tell you...

Fuel Prices Suck!

[Image: 306837_10151379321906548_183780750_n.jpg]

Bubbasmith this one's for you.
Bubbasmith has not been around for a long time so give the award to someone else.
10-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Bubbasmith is drivin' a shiny new Pete on a perfect snowpack with a good lookin' gal hitchhikin' every mile or two. Why would he want to fool around with a bunch of biscuit lipped crackerheads like us?