Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bulletins and Private Messages
01-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Bulletins and Private Messages
They need to be more mobile friendly. I have a galaxy S3 and am driving or not home very often and I can do anything truck sim related except view bulletins and private messages. As soon as I try it, my browser crashes and I have to reload and log back on to Truck Sim.

Happy New Year!

[Image: driverstats.php?id=13854]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 01:42 AM by Onetruckpony.)
RE: Bulletins and Private Messages
Hmm..My Windows phone does everything the game offers. Lumia 920.
If I'm not mistaken there is no "mobile" version so may be how your phones browser translates the game.
One of the gurus will check it out faster if you do a bug report in game.
Happy New Year back at ya!
01-02-2014, 10:32 AM
The bulletins are being re-written but I wasn't planning on touching the private messages page so I'll make sure we aren't doing anything insane that would cause that. Unfortunately I don't have an android device to test stuff on. Got a windows phone and iOS device but no android.

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2014, 10:36 AM
My Android wouldn't allow me to log in the game. I would hit "Log In" with my finger, and it would refresh the page. That changed when I got a new phone, but it is more proof that it's all about what you are useing to access it, I guess.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=444]
Current Truck: 2011 Peterbilt 389
01-02-2014, 12:02 PM
I never had problems on my HTC Desire (same age as an S3 ) or my HTC One, could read PM's and Bulletins.
I never tried answering a PM or posting a bulletin, I always go back to my Tablet (Asus Transformer 101) for that.

@ DjPorkchop, did you try other browsers?
I use default, Firefox and Dolphin, all without problems on Phone and Tablet.

CEO of WET, visit us at wettrucking
(changed sig because off an influx of Spammers on our site, not that their Spam or fake registrations get trough, I''ll butcher them)
01-05-2014, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 10:39 PM by DjPorkchop.)
Hello all. Thanks for the replies.

I have not tried another browser. I try not to fill my phone full of to much stuff. I will give it a shot and see.

And my apologies for not posting as a bug as was suggested. I hated to do that if it was not a bug and was just my device.

I'll try a few things and reply back.

Hey Jeff, not sure if this helps or not, but I use a device on my PC call BlueStacks. It allows me to install android devices on my PC to test them out and build apps and I can view sites using a browser though it. Works a treat. Not sure if it is free anymore or not.

Ray

[Image: driverstats.php?id=13854]
01-06-2014, 08:44 AM
No apologies necessary. They check bug reports more often than suggestions. Thanks for finding this one.