Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Where is the update.
07-21-2014, 12:17 PM
RE: Where is the update.
^^ What OTP says, we (WET) are just having fun as an old game group.
quiet days, busy days, keeping up on contracts, we still like the small diversions from RL.
(as a CEO, I spend on average about 30 - 40 minutes a Day, make that 45 if I include my 2 "minions", and 60 if I include hanging around here on the forum)

CEO of WET, visit us at wettrucking
(changed sig because off an influx of Spammers on our site, not that their Spam or fake registrations get trough, I''ll butcher them)
Find all posts by this user
07-21-2014, 08:19 PM
(07-21-2014 09:21 AM)Onetruckpony Wrote:  Guys, it's not just changing a few lines of code. As explained, It's a complete Rewrite and that is a HUGE task. It took nearly a year to write the code for what we have. This was created to keep the communities from the old game together, which was shut down because as a business it doesn't work. New players quickly leave for the most part when they discover that it's a text based game and there is no "driving" to it. Even with the glitches our little company has fun staying in touch and joking on the CB.
Good post OTP. We have a ball too, but it just seems like we keep losing more and more old timers. My fear is that jeff has given up on the game and we'll end up going thru the same thing that happened in trukz again. I'm not much on gaming of any kind but I made some great friends on trukz and especially here and the main reason I play is to check in and chat with everybody.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=23]
07-22-2014, 12:28 AM
The code functions. Bjornski hosts it as a gesture to keep the crews together. I doubt its going anywhere. GameStop bought the old game thinking it was a money maker and once they found out what t wasn't pulled all resources onto other projects. This was never intended to be a profit generator. I've made some great friends from around the globe, and Karloe Smile They come and go..we text and email more than communicate in game now.
07-31-2014, 06:20 PM
Planning on coming back active soon, updates to follow

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
-Rick Osborne
08-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Hey. Conroy is back. Hope to see some kind of update soon. Welcome back. Smile

[Image: driverstats.php?id=444]
Current Truck: 2011 Peterbilt 389
08-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Woohoo Updates! haha
08-01-2014, 05:44 PM
(08-01-2014 08:55 AM)Megaboomboxboy678 Wrote:  Hey. Conroy is back. Hope to see some kind of update soon. Welcome back. Smile

How you been, mega?

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
-Rick Osborne
08-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Conroy, do you have a "Its Ready when its ready" to Do list, or a plan of attack?

CEO of WET, visit us at wettrucking
(changed sig because off an influx of Spammers on our site, not that their Spam or fake registrations get trough, I''ll butcher them)
08-02-2014, 11:01 PM
(08-01-2014 05:44 PM)Conroy Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 08:55 AM)Megaboomboxboy678 Wrote:  Hey. Conroy is back. Hope to see some kind of update soon. Welcome back. Smile

How you been, mega?

I am alive. How about you, Conroy?

[Image: driverstats.php?id=444]
Current Truck: 2011 Peterbilt 389
08-03-2014, 02:04 PM
I am just thankful to have the game. Any upgrades will be most appreciated, but certainly not expected.
Thanks to Jefffan, Conroy and all that have contributed.
Thread Closed