Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Where is the update.
06-21-2014, 06:02 AM
RE: Where is the update.
I always wonder why people, are are given the possibility to play a free game, keep complaining about things.

With Jolt I can see why, 'professional' company trying to make money of their players, but with an individual, I think it's a whole different ballgame.

I'm sure Jefffan would like to see big updates implemented and more, then again, I'm also pretty sure he enjoys the concept of having a personal life, and not spending every free second working on some project where a lot of people seem to keep complaining.

There are a few options for everyone here imho:
1) play and don't complain
2) leave
3) leave and start your own game.

Just my 2 eurocents

[Image: driverstats.php?id=2]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2014, 08:11 AM
(06-21-2014 06:02 AM)Emmeau Wrote:  I always wonder why people, are are given the possibility to play a free game, keep complaining about things.

With Jolt I can see why, 'professional' company trying to make money of their players, but with an individual, I think it's a whole different ballgame.

I'm sure Jefffan would like to see big updates implemented and more, then again, I'm also pretty sure he enjoys the concept of having a personal life, and not spending every free second working on some project where a lot of people seem to keep complaining.

There are a few options for everyone here imho:
1) play and don't complain
2) leave
3) leave and start your own game.

Just my 2 eurocents

Emmeau has a point. It is a free game, after all. BUT, that in and of its self is the issue. I am not complaining because it is free, BUT, because of this, stuff doesn't get the time, or money, to become finished. So, as you have stated, you can play and not complain, which a lot of us do considering we should be grateful for what we get, because it is free, ALOT of people are leaving. Wasn't the last count of active drivers 8xx? Sure, the game looks fairly big because 15xxx have registered, but it doesn't mean diddly squat when only 8xx are actually playing. JMHO

[Image: driverstats.php?id=444]
Current Truck: 2011 Peterbilt 389
Find all posts by this user
06-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Well guys we just want what he promised us along time ago. Its been put on the back burner so many times. I only suggested everyone pay a little because if he doesn't have enough time to finish it he could hire someone to get it done. If your not willing to give a donation then you really don't care about the game like I do..

[Image: driverstats.php?id=100]
06-21-2014, 04:35 PM
re truck
defo garage 150 th+ truck and defo 27th+ truck when on route and it has nothing to do with repair , refuel or tyres. dont know the cowboy whos last posting was before this posting but take a reality check, the reason most of us is here is the fact it is a free game and if we could we would donate but alas in this financial climate i would look after family first before anyone else,
06-21-2014, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2014 05:49 PM by Cowboy Trucking Inc.)
You mean you wouldn't even give $10.00 to go from something so so to something great...I don't understand you guys, but to each there own I guess. Moderators you can delete this thread. I'm done with it..Just a one time donation is all I was talking about.

06-21-2014, 08:46 PM
I know what you are talking about, and I agree. I was just rebutting to Emmeau's point.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=444]
Current Truck: 2011 Peterbilt 389
06-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Guess this is as good a place as any other for an update. Right now I have Integer working on getting all my old that I really, really don't want to touch up to date. There is some code that is 4+ years old that I haven't even looked at since I first wrote it.

So right now here is where I am:

I'm working a lot of hours. Most weeks 50+ with around (75+ min of total commute time each day)
I also do have a social life here and there
Finally today actually my best friend got married and I was a groomsman so I spent the last few weekends preparing for that.

But even with all that overall what I'm really feeling inside is:

Honestly I got tired of working on TS's code. It's pretty much shit. It's a pain to do any kind of code update, it's messy and it works in a stupid way. I didn't know any better then but I do now. Hiring a real programmer (who didn't volunteer) who I would trust their skil level enough would be around $75-100 an hour. And that's just too much.

I don't know what I'm going to do at the moment. TruckingSim honestly needs to be rewritten from scratch the right way for anyone to want to work on it, but that would involve more hours than I have to give. I really don't know. But know this, as long as Bjornski let's me keep the server going the game will be up. I won't ever take it down without good reasonZ

As for adding trucks to the game - trucks are srtictly a database update, however, we need a lot of information to do it and quite a few trucks when it happens.

So what we need exactly is.

A 1000px x 1000px or more image of the truck. It has to be at least that big.
Stats for - top speed, max mpg, gallons in the truck, default engine/body/tires default odometer.

After we have everything it involves Norm and myself getting an algorithm we really like to output the running data for the truck.

Even after all that it takes quite a bit of to per image and make if work like all the truck images do on TS.

If we don't have all that it just puts us in a position just to keep pushing off adding trucks.

I hope this clears up things and if have any Q's or comments let me know below.

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]
06-22-2014, 04:02 AM
SO I GUESS THAT MEANS NO UPDATES AT ALL THEN.....PLAY THE GAME AS IS....AND IF SOMETHING BREAKS DOWN, THAT'S IT. GAME OVER. I THINK THEN IF YOUR NOT GOING TO UPDATE IT THEN FIND SOMEONE WHO WILL AND GIVE IT TO THEM. I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BOOTED OFF THE GAME. I LIKE IT TO MUCH. JUST SUGGESTING.

06-22-2014, 05:03 AM
I guess the question really is if there is anyone who can code reading this, do you want to get involved in helping update it?

As for the trucks all I need is manufacturer/model/year and a large picture the truck with a paint job that is not so light it washes out the highlights or so dark it washes out the shadows. Stats are just computed from an algorithm based on the year.
06-22-2014, 08:05 AM
(06-21-2014 10:09 PM)jefffan24 Wrote:  Guess this is as good a place as any other for an update.

Thanks for the update :-)

I'm glad your life turned towards having a social life, as well getting involved in things like weddings and stuff.
You've come a long way from when you started truckingsim, and I can only applaud your choices here.

Enjoy life!

[Image: driverstats.php?id=2]
Thread Closed