Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Where is the update.
02-01-2015, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 07:47 AM by jefffan24.)
RE: Where is the update.
Hey guys,

Myself, Conroy, Bjornski and Norman are discussing the future of the game right now. As soon as we have a plan we will let you know. There are a few options at play at the moment so I can't give you a definitive answer on what will happen right now.

Again we are discussing right now and will let you know when we know exactly what we are going to do.

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Must be a long meeting.
I'm kinda worried now, don't know if we should call dominos or 911.
I'll flip a coin.

Find all posts by this user
02-08-2015, 05:53 PM
It takes a while when no one is actually online at the same time as anyone else. Tongue
02-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Joys of college in Scotland, work in NYC, etc

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1762]
02-08-2015, 07:41 PM
As Norm said we aren't all on at the same time and are working on the best solution. Its not quick, there are things to work through.

I am one of the creators and the owner of TruckingSim.com I will be the main person doing the code for the game, if you have any questions please message me. Thanks for all the support everyone has given so far Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2015, 02:21 AM
Like real life Big Grin

[Image: driverstats.php?id=1762]
02-09-2015, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 09:48 AM by Bjornski.)
I just now noticed this thread and I'm willing to shed a tiny bit more light on the matter at hand.
Last week, after Jeff contacted us, I've written up a report with my personal views on how the game should be continued. That little report of mine barely scratches the surface, but is still 5-or-so pages thick. It deals with a whole lot of technical stuff (sorry, I'm a techie, that's what I do), but also deals with game-play, who does what to "get the show on the road again", how much time we're willing to invest and who is responsible.
Even though this game is just a hobby, it's a mighty time consuming one and especially Jeff has an enormous amount of time and effort invested into this game already. We're also sitting on top of >10000 registered players and we don't want to let you guys down.
So, even though we're not talking money, the stakes are still very high.

The plans described in my little essay have a big impact on everything and everyone involved with the game. If we go through with this, a lot of effort will have to be put into this by quite a few people (including you guys!). Because of all this, we're all not taking things lightly and we're not rushing things. We'd rather spend a month hammering out the details and making sure we all agree, than rush ourselves into something that bleeds to death 4 months later, due to lack of proper planning or a lack of true commitment.
An added difficulty is the one Jeff already mentioned; we're in different timezones, on almost opposite ends of the world, and we do have a life that quite annoyingly interferes with doing Truckingsim things all the time Wink. This being a week full of (nightly) maintenance work (I run a very small company, so every one including me pitches in when we do that), responding to questions about TS hasn't exactly been top priority for me either Cool.

So, Truckingsim is very much alive and (if I have anything to say about it) will not die anytime soon.
We will give you all the details if and when we get our plans together. If I have anything to say about it, you guys will also get plenty of opportunity to talk about and influence those plans.
And, if we get our plans together, I hope we can inspire a lot of confidence and enthusiasm, so that the number of active drivers will once again grow into the thousands (or perhaps even tens of thousands) soon.

Please just hang in there a little while longer!

Former Vice President of WET: World Expedition & Trucking.
CEO of Solutionsource; proud to be sponsor of the hosting for Truckingsim.com.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=309]
02-09-2015, 06:12 PM
(02-09-2015 09:38 AM)Bjornski Wrote:  I just now noticed this thread and I'm willing to shed a tiny bit more light on the matter at hand.
Last week, after Jeff contacted us, I've written up a report with my personal views on how the game should be continued. That little report of mine barely scratches the surface, but is still 5-or-so pages thick. It deals with a whole lot of technical stuff (sorry, I'm a techie, that's what I do), but also deals with game-play, who does what to "get the show on the road again", how much time we're willing to invest and who is responsible.
Even though this game is just a hobby, it's a mighty time consuming one and especially Jeff has an enormous amount of time and effort invested into this game already. We're also sitting on top of >10000 registered players and we don't want to let you guys down.
So, even though we're not talking money, the stakes are still very high.

The plans described in my little essay have a big impact on everything and everyone involved with the game. If we go through with this, a lot of effort will have to be put into this by quite a few people (including you guys!). Because of all this, we're all not taking things lightly and we're not rushing things. We'd rather spend a month hammering out the details and making sure we all agree, than rush ourselves into something that bleeds to death 4 months later, due to lack of proper planning or a lack of true commitment.
An added difficulty is the one Jeff already mentioned; we're in different timezones, on almost opposite ends of the world, and we do have a life that quite annoyingly interferes with doing Truckingsim things all the time Wink. This being a week full of (nightly) maintenance work (I run a very small company, so every one including me pitches in when we do that), responding to questions about TS hasn't exactly been top priority for me either Cool.

So, Truckingsim is very much alive and (if I have anything to say about it) will not die anytime soon.
We will give you all the details if and when we get our plans together. If I have anything to say about it, you guys will also get plenty of opportunity to talk about and influence those plans.
And, if we get our plans together, I hope we can inspire a lot of confidence and enthusiasm, so that the number of active drivers will once again grow into the thousands (or perhaps even tens of thousands) soon.

Please just hang in there a little while longer!
Thank You,Bjornski !! This is exactly the words we have been waiting to hear = That plans are in place to prevent the early demise of Truckingsim !! We appreciate the fact that it won't happen overnight but we should ALL be encouraged by your Progress report !! WELL DONE !!
02-14-2015, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 10:36 AM by Farmer.)
I too like the sound of this. I love this game and will play it the way it is for as long as need be. New stuff is always great too. but the base game is awesome!!!! Thanks for all the effort you guys put into this. Whatever you need from amny of us ill be ready to help in anyw ay.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=223]
02-14-2015, 11:52 AM
Thanks Bjornski. I thank all that do devote so much time and effort to this game. I also like hearing that the participants will be included in the new development with ideas.
Thread Closed