Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The plan for Truckingsim's future
09-30-2015, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 12:44 PM by DustyBones.)
RE: The plan for Truckingsim's future
(09-30-2015 06:10 AM)Norman Wrote:  Well, we don't all have to be graphic designers (is anyone?) to give some opinions

I agree with that.
I Like the basic layout
  • I like your layout and love the CDL section. Seeing the CDL A makes me think there could be another aspect to the game. Have new drivers start out in straight trucks that only require a CDL B then work up to a CDL A.
  • I would put that actual number for the percentages for the truck conditions.
  • I would lower saturation of the colors a tad but that's easy to fix.
  • The text is a little large as is the scale of other elements but that's another easy fix.
  • The truck and statistics section I would switch just for aesthetic reasons.
  • I like how you simplified the menu on the left. A lot of that can be put on the related pages.

(09-30-2015 06:10 AM)Norman Wrote:  Also, do you have the individual elements for the logo you posted? Do you have a large cutout of the truck and world?
The image of the truck I have right now is only 289x165 but when I purchase it, I can get it up to 5001x3071px in 300dpi. We won't need it that big but that's the largest size available. I just have to remove some background art that comes with it..

The globe I have in 1000x1000.
With those sizes, the game will have the artwork for any need that arises.

Are you in contact with Jeff? Is he planning on going forward with the game? Some updated info might be good so we know if working on this is worth the time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2015, 06:02 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know any more of Jeff and/or Bjornski's plans than anyone else.
09-30-2015, 06:18 PM
(09-30-2015 06:02 PM)Norman Wrote:  Unfortunately, I don't know any more of Jeff and/or Bjornski's plans than anyone else.
Hopefully one or the other will see this and let us know if we should pursue this any further or not.
10-03-2015, 01:29 PM
On behalf of those of us not "in the know", may I ask a few basic questions?
  1. Has something changed recently which suddenly threatens the existence of the current game and makes it urgent to develop a replacement, or do we just feel that players are gradually drifting away and it's about time for a fresh look?
  2. If the game is likely to disappear, do we have a backup meeting place or other means of contacting each other?
  3. Is the proposal (a) to refresh the "look and feel" by attaching a new GUI to the existing database and game engine, or (b) to replace the whole game?
  4. If (a), how would it interface with the existing game? I think I read something somewhere about a TruckingSim API but I don't know whether it's documented or needs a key. (I'm not even going to mention screen scraping.)
  5. If (b), is there any prospect of getting our hands on the original software and database, or would we need to start again from scratch, reverse engineering a specification and database model from our experience of playing the game?

Sorry if those questions have already been answered somewhere, but I think the answers may be worth repeating here. Maybe the answer is simply that nobody else knows either...
10-03-2015, 06:23 PM
The code is such a mess that in order to add anything or fix bugs it needs rewriting from scratch.

That probably answers most of the questions but for 2 there is no current plan for the game as it exists to go anywhere. If that was to change then notice would be given and anyone who wanted to could make plans for the future.
10-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Assuming the base code ever gets done the game play needs a major overhaul. Trukz came up with the medal system which was very gimmiky which seems like the prestige sytem could be similar. The two biggest problems in my opinion are:
1. Not enough to do. Move your truck 10 clicks and then wait another 10 hours to log in again. If you own a company there is more to do but everyone can't operate their own company.
2. Money becomes meaningless. Once you reach tier 5 you can pay 50% collection and no assistance and you have plenty of money to spare.

My radical solution would be to allow players to operate more than ONE truck. Instead of being a driver a player would be more of a dispatcher. Each account could buy extra "licenced" drivers. Adding an additional driverwould cost 25,000 and each driver/truck would double. In theory an account could have unlimited drivers but 8 drivers/trucks would cost over 3 million plus cost of trucks and maintenance.

To make this change there would need to be some other changes:
Get rid of all the stocks. Stocks were a great suggestion but it doesnt reflect true results.
Do away with the 4 IP rule. Maybe allow 2 at the most but if a family want to play together they can designate additional trucks for each to use.
To put all existing drivers on the same level all their stocks would be sold and the price of their 2nd truck would be all their cash. They would have an advantage over new players but not be able to game the stock system.

Doing these changes would make cash meaningful and create an interesting dynamic between company cash needs and player needs.
11-05-2015, 06:31 AM
I thought of something like hunger level in the game? What do you think? Could make the game more realistic , forcing the driver to eat from time to time . Give originality to the game. There is nothing like this in 18WoS or Eurotruck.

Just a thought ...

(Sorry for my English , I am Brazilian and I speak Portuguese)
02-23-2016, 05:39 PM
Is anyone really working on this? If not, I would be willing to look at the original code to see if I can work with it. At least it would give the original game and players to feel like something is being done to at least keep the original game going.

A year is a long time to wait with no real updates from anyone!

I'd hate to see this game die out, but as it is, people are losing interest and more or less dropping out. Many drivers are gone but I think we could get them back and add more if there was at least some action/interaction with the original game.

I am a disabled veteran and have plenty of time to at least try and do something. I could not start from scratch but with the original code and or an outline I am sure that I could keep this game active. Possibly even make many of the changes that current players are suggesting for the original Truckingsim.com
02-29-2016, 12:11 PM
(02-23-2016 05:39 PM)Greyfox Wrote:  I would be willing to look at the original code to ... keep the original game going.
Me too, not as a competing offer but in case you'd like to share the workload. We're never going to add a 3D cab simulator but I suspect that many suggested enhancements would require very little coding.
03-31-2016, 08:08 PM
I have a lot of ideas and don't know some of them are even possible. I will gladly be on team if anybody decides to pursue this further. If you would like to hear my ideas pm me.