Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Theme Design
10-03-2015, 04:07 AM
Theme Design
Here's a theme I came up with for the new upgrade if it happens.
I didn't worry about actually designing new elements or the structure of the game. I did add the CDL section that Norman came up with on his idea that he posted as I thought it was a good idea and a needed section for the game.

I believe that it should be a group effort as to the actual design of the different elements needed. I think if one guy does the entire layout there will be a ton of changes once everyone contributes their ideas. A design group will cut down on the amount of changes. Plus I'm not sure what we can do and what we cant as far as Google maps on the driver display page, etc.

Anyway, here's a start. Any and all input is encouraged. Lets get some enthusiasm going. If we want this game to move forward, we need to show that we are willing to contribute some effort to this along with the developers.

I'm on board and searching for more members to create a design team. Have great ideas but not real savvy on the graphics end? Join in and share your ideas. Good at graphics but not real great on the design end like me, we can use you too. Every one is welcome to help get this going.

Click to see full size
[Image: sample_thumb.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 07:59 AM
RE: Theme Design
That looks cool as always Dusty...you got skills yo!

[Image: driverstats.php?id=312]
10-03-2015, 08:22 AM
I like that to, looks great.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=100]
10-03-2015, 11:42 AM
(10-03-2015 07:59 AM)Hammer31 Wrote:  That looks cool as always Dusty...you got skills yo!
(10-03-2015 08:22 AM)Cowboy Trucking Inc Wrote:  I like that to, looks great.
Thanks guys.... Smile
Any input? Suggestions? Ideas for layout or content?
10-03-2015, 03:48 PM
I really like it Dusty, great work. The two things I think would make the game even better would be a GPS similar to the one we had in Trukz, and a CB that is integrated with the route display screen. Another helpful feature would be to have a banner that comes up on the top of the screen if we have a new private message, like the one we have here on this forum.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=23]
10-03-2015, 06:38 PM
Generally I like it, good job. Smile However:

1. The theme is very dark but the logo is very bright so the main thing that stands out on the page is the logo.
  2. The grey writing on a grey background and the blue highlight writing doesn't have a lot of contrast so visually impaired users would probably find it difficult to read.
  3. How would you alter the CDL and truck sections for the smaller "phone" version of the site? Just stack the two columns vertically? (i.e. truck stats would be under the truck picture).
10-03-2015, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 07:52 PM by DustyBones.)
(10-03-2015 06:38 PM)Norman Wrote:  Generally I like it, good job. Smile However:

1. The theme is very dark but the logo is very bright so the main thing that stands out on the page is the logo.
    I could darken/lower the saturation on the logo a bit, easy fix.
  2. The grey writing on a grey background and the blue highlight writing doesn't have a lot of contrast so visually impaired users would probably find it difficult to read.
    After finishing and getting away from it for a half hour I saw the text was a little dark but didn't want to go through and change all the text color. At 3 in the morning after working on it all night, it looked brighter.. lol. If it was decided to use this theme I would brighten the color a tad.
  3. How would you alter the CDL and truck sections for the smaller "phone" version of the site? Just stack the two columns vertically? (i.e. truck stats would be under the truck picture).
    All the sections would have to be made vertically, menus would have to be pop up menus. Mobile devices would require a whole different layout. I'm not going to concern myself with the phone layout until we know we are moving forward and the regular page layout is pretty much figured out, layout and theme/color wise.
This is just a concept to post here to get some activity on this and get feedback, suggestions, ideas, etc. Pretty much just to get some excitement going hopefully. I realized when making it that the colors would probably get changed, sections moved around, things added, deleted, etc. I also would need to get together with Jeff and developers to see exactly how I need to lay stuff out, what they can code in, what has to be graphics, etc. I don't think we need to build the complete graphic layout like this but just make the bits and pieces which will save a lot of time. But I don't know, I've never made graphics for something like this. Really, this was made to show the developers that I am serious about helping come up with a theme but like I've been saying, it really needs everyone (developers, coders, designers, anyone else helping) getting involved in designing it. That way everyone is more on the same page before hours are spent on doing the graphics. This page took me 8 hours to do and I pretty much just copied what we already have. I don't mind donating my time but I also don't want to waste a lot of time.

I think at this stage we need to have contact with Jeff and Bjornski and see if they are willing to move forward or if what we have now is all that there is going to be.
10-04-2015, 10:50 AM
I have another idea that I think will for the most part stop the abuse of the sub-contract system. Continue the practice of allowing the company issuing the sub the ability to set minimum number of drivers, but allow every company to have a "blacklist" where we can add companies that regularly fail to finish the contracts. I agree that at least something from jeff or bjornski would be nice. jefffan24 last visit 9-12-2015. bjornski last visit 9-28-2015.

[Image: driverstats.php?id=23]
10-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Any changes and upgrades will definitely be welcomed. I sure wish I had the skills to help. I do have the time, being retired.
I really appreciate all the work already done.
10-05-2015, 01:16 AM
Awesome, I think you'vething Smile